Updated on January 25, 2020

Medicare & Arkansas

Arkansas is a beautiful state located in Midwestern America. Being a southeastern born-and-raised Floridian, I can only imagine Arkansas’s beauty. However, being an expert on all things Medicare, I know that regardless of how beautiful your surroundings are, Medicare will be sure to trip up your step and send you into a whirlwind of sheer confusion. Hopefully, after reading this article, some of your woes will cease and you can begin to take control of your healthcare destiny and become friends with the national healthcare system we call Medicare.

ABC’s of Medicare

Let’s begin with the basics, or literally, the ABC’s of Medicare. There are four parts to Medicare- parts A through D. The concept behind the Medicare program is to cover 80% of all Medicare beneficiaires doctor and hospital bills, leaving you or your insurance to cover some, if not all, of the remaining 20%. Part A of Medicare is an entitlement to Americans at 65 who have worked at least forty quarters in the United States. There is no monthly premium and Part A’s responsibility is to cover 80% of all hospital, or outpatient costs. Part B of Medicare covers 80% of your doctor, or inpatient, coverage. You must pay a premium for Part B which bases at $99.90 per month and can be higher depending on your income. Part A and Part B make up the basics of Medicare. Part C is what’s referred to as Medicare Advantage and is comprised of HMOS, PPOS, and HMO-POS plans, probably very similar to what you’re used to with employer and private coverage under the age of 65. The “O” stands for organization and implies a network-based plan with low monthly premiums and copayments and deductibles as you use the plan. Part D of Medicare is your prescription drug coverage and is purchased along with a Medicare Supplement through the government for a monthly premium.

Medicare Supplement

A Medicare Supplement is the best choice to cover some, if not all, of that 20% I referred to earlier. When you purchase a Medicare Supplement, you are covering Part A, B, and D. Medicare Supplements are offered by several companies and the coverage is standardized by the government for plans A- N. Plan F is the most comprehensive Medicare Supplement in that it covers ALL of the remaining 20% of doctor and hospital bills under a low monthly premium. In Arkansas, the highest-rated and most affordable companies are Forethought, Sentinel, Assured and United of Omaha-all of which we offer here at Medicare Supplements Made Easy. Our job as Medicare experts and insurance agents is to provide you with the best company with the most coverage. Call us today for free information and assistance!

Related Links